This Camune alphabet has the curious peculiarity
1. To borrow A and I vowels , and D, Z, H and T consonants to Northern Futhark, which will only appear 1200 years later.
- 2. whereas it is much earlier than Greek and Latin, it appears to be identical to Phoenician alphabet,, which appeared at( the same time, around 1200 BC.
evolving, then, by simplifying itself, towards Etruscan alphabet, for E and O vowels,
G, K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, X consonants, and Kh sound :
3. Other consonants seem to belong only to Camunic alphabet,
like some unlabeled, as well as B, V, SH and PH sounds, and U vowel,
All this leads us to think that camunic language and writing could be one of an original Proto-Celtic civilization,
seeming to have very close (commercial or even genetic) links, with Phoenicians,
and also other Nordic peoples, at the origin of Nordic runes:
All these graphic elements therefore suggest that the Camunic alphabet
1. would be at the origin of Nordic Futhark,
2. could have appeared at the same time as Phoenician alphabet
3. and that of it, would be derived, by graphic simplificationc, in Etruscan alphabet.
There is still many questions :
Is camunic language, one of the last Indo-European languages in its entirety ?
0r, on the contrary, is it an addition of Indo-European languages of different origins mixed in only one place?
What does futhark do here more than 1 000 years before its appearance?
Is camunic language a proto-Celtic language ?
If we can accept that Camunic alphabet
is the first Proto-Celtic alphabet,
and that it integrates Phoenician and future Futhark's elements ,
the main question that arises, is its anteriority, and therefore its date of appearance,
and its evolution towards Etruscan alphabet,
and later Nordic Futhark.
These hypotheses therefore deserve to be validated by a new dating of Camunic petroglyphs, in this perspective.
Also see :
Who were Germanic Italo-Celts, (R1b-L11 Haplogroup), fathers of all the Celts and a large part of Germanic Peoples, 5 000 years ago ?
#alphabet, #Celts, #Celtes, #archeology, #archéologie, #Camunic, #Camune, #civilisation européenne, #Italie, #Italy, #culture occidentale, #occidental culture, #runes, #Civilization, #Northern Futhark, #Phoenician, #Etruscan, #Lombardy, #rose, #petroglyphs, #language